Bet you didn't know that I think the world is just one screwed up place. We're all responsible for own mistakes. The sorry excuses we make. We need a whirl-wind reckoning; an immediate change. Our technology is so great but it's killing the animals in the sea, running our food from their habitats and slowly we too are killing ourselves.
But I guess most people don't see it that way and surely it's must easier to blame the generation before hand. Just stop it! Just stop it! Take a good look in the mirror... go on... do it... and say... "This is my fault too, I am just as much to blame for our decaying world. Everyday I drive a car that emits toxins into the air (even if you're in a hybrid those batteries aren't very Eco friendly), I can't live without my hi-tech HDTV or the shows or my cell phone or all my other awesome gadgets so I need the factories that emit even more toxins into the air to stay open and create all these cool gadgets and I'm just not willing to change... even it means saving the world."
Sure, technology is awesome. Heck I'm guilty too! But I wonder where do we set our limits. When will we change or be changed. And when I say "be changed", that's when we come to the point where we don't have the option. At some point it all has to collapse... some very bad has to happen if we continue to be so wasteful. Aren't bad things already happening?
I worry about this place that we call earth, our world, our home. I dream of world where people can walk to work because they live close by because cities and towns are built that way. I dream of world where we reuse and recycle and we don't have to worry that our food or the products we are eating them from could cause us decease. I dream of a world where we don't need tv's in every bedroom because we're so reliant on someone or something else's ability to entertain us because we're busy being creative, inginuiative and resourceful. I dream of a world where EVERYONE puts God first, we read our Bibles and aren't afraid to talk about Jesus or the Living Word. I dream of a world where FREE truly means FREE.
No comments:
Post a Comment